How to Divide an Estate without a Will

How to Divide an Estate without a Will

There was a tax problem on the property in the 1970’s. Since that time, the taxes have been kept current.

There is a statue that outlines a procedure to divide property in the case of a death without a will. She must go through the probate court to file a claim for ownership. She is advised to do this quickly and to hire an attorney. While it is possible to go through the process on her own, it will save her time and money in the long run to simply hire a lawyer from the beginning. It is a simple and inexpensive process, but a lawyer will ensure everything has been done properly so that there are no challenges should they decide to sell the property.


Our Attorneys

W. Carl Reynolds

O. Wendell Horne III

Bradley J. Survant

Kate Reynolds Kirbo

Marty K. Senn

Abbie R. Brown

Barret Kirbo

Our Services

Personal Injury

Car Accidents

Truck Accidents

Workers’ Compensation

Wrongful Death

Medical Malpractice

Products Liability

Plane Crashes

Nursing Home Negligence

Premises Liability