Lawyers in Macon, GA
Every year thousands of people are killed, injured, or disfigured by medical malpractice. While medicine is not an exact science, a patient is entitled to expect that they will be treated with a high degree of skill and care by physicians, therapists, and nurses who are operating within recognized standards of practice.
In a medical negligence case, to establish liability, and recover damages, you must prove that the professional breached the standard of care that others in the profession would employ in the same or similar circumstances. This often requires the use of an expert to testify what the appropriate standard was and how the doctor, therapist, nurse, etc., failed to do what should have been done under the circumstances. If you prove there is liability, you are entitled to damages.
Key Examples of Medical Malpractice
- Improper administration of the wrong drugs
- Operating on the wrong body part
- Failure to diagnose a condition, injury, cancer, tumor
- Failure to fully inform a patient of risks of a procedure before surgery
- Dropping a patient during surgery or transportation
- Failure to monitor a condition
- Failure to order tests that would have diagnosed a condition
- Refusing to provide treatment because of no insurance
- Paralysis during surgery because of a severed nerve
- Improper delivery during childbirth
The attorneys at Reynolds, Horne & Survant have handled hundreds of professional negligence cases for satisfied clients. If you believe that you or someone you love has suffered because of the negligence of a healthcare provider, contact us today at (478) 405-0300 for a free review of your case.