This falls under the category: things you don’t think about until the need is urgent.
How do you find the right lawyer for a personal injury damage claim?
In today’s climate, with all of the advertising we see, it can be a confusing chore. One of the most important things is to know how you got to the lawyer.
- Did you see them on TV?
- Did they come well-recommended by someone who had used their services?
- Are they local to your area?
- Will you actually be talking with the lawyer you saw on TV, or will you see someone else in the firm?
- Will you deal with that lawyer throughout your case, or are you going to be relegated to a paralegal or secretary?
This is very important because you are going to be paying for the services of that attorney.
You also must ask about the lawyer’s experience with your particular type of case.
There was a time when no lawyer advertised; they wouldn’t even think of it. Now legal advertising is everywhere. Sorting through it is not easy.
If you do call a lawyer you’ve seen on a TV ad, here are some things you should know:
- You should see that lawyer, not the paralegal
- You should see the lawyer and talk to the lawyer
- Ask he or she when is the last time they tried a case
- Ask them if they’ve ever tried a case
You will be surprised what you find.
On our website, we have a list of 10 questions to help you choose a personal injury attorney. It is your obligation to ask these questions of any lawyer, especially if it is for a family member or a minor child.
You may, of course, always contact us with any questions you have about hiring an experienced attorney.