Employer refuses to pay wages to employee

Employer refuses to pay worker wages

Cathy from Perry is retired medical transcriptionist. She was hired to be a temporary help for another hospital some distance away. She was told by Human Resources at the hospital, that due to labor laws, she needed to go through a staffing agency to legally work at the hospital. The hospital and staffing agencies are in different counties, and both are not her county.

She has not yet been given her wages.

She was told to go through small claims court to seek compensation. Filing complaints through the department of labor or through small claims court are her options. Filing for “theft of services” would not cover an employee-employer relationship similar to her case, as there are special conditions that apply.


More Posts

Send Us A Message

Call Now Button